Today is my best friend’s birthday. We’ve known each other for six years (and counting), and there’s not a day I’m not grateful for her.
We don’t see or even speak to each other much because of what goes on in our own lives, but we try. The one thing that makes me miss my high school years is we walked home together every day. And besides that, those years can die in a fire.
I don’t know what she thinks of herself, but I know what I think of her:
- She is a wonderfully kind and strong person who works hard and deserves her dreams more than anyone I know.
- She’s an inspiration to me. Seeing her get ahead with her life makes me happy for and motivates me to keep going with mine.
- She’s fierce. She doesn’t give up. But she’s kind. She doesn’t stomp on those beneath her.
- She loves to help others and she gives herself a lot. Sometimes, even if it means putting her needs behind for a bit.
- But she knows what she deserves. She knows she shouldn’t be treated unfairly.
- She gives her all in what she does. From a high school student to a regular worker, that hasn’t changed.
She’s someone to be admired and I’m so glad our friendship didn’t falter as high school friendships typically do after graduation. Whatever her goals are, she has me behind her.
Happy birthday, Jen.
Share your thoughts!