No, not really. Those videos bore me because they’re often exaggerated.
But at only two days in, I am in love with the work-from-home life. I could do a “day in my life” video, but I admit it’d be very boring since half of the video would be me eating and sleeping before my shift.
I suppose an argument could be made I’m in the “honeymoon phase”, and I wouldn’t disagree. But the small changes alone make it hard for me to imagine tiring of this any time soon.
- During my first fifteen minute break today, I took a shower. That definitely can’t be done in person.
- I seem to no longer hate Mondays and mornings.
- Going to the “cafeteria” (my kitchen) now takes five seconds as opposed to five minutes, and I am not waiting for someone to finish using a microwave.
- My feet feel great!
- I can sit down while working. And lie down too, for that matter. My body aches have mysteriously disappeared.
- According to my friends, I’m more positive. I don’t see it, but that’s what I’ve been told.
The downside? Well, if I’m not careful, I’ll regain the forty pounds I lost. If that weren’t a concern, I’d happily sink into the life of a hermit.
I suppose I’ll see what I write in another 363 days.